KCC Women - Sister Sessions
Food, DVD discussion, Bible study and prayer time with the sisters! You will feel at home with this group of thoughtful, funny and smart women. A weekly Bible study meets during the lunch hour on Thursdays. Monthly groups meet on the 2nd Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays of each month. For more information on these groups which meet during October, November, January, February, March and April, please see below.
Monthly Groups are held October, November, January, February, March and April. If you are interested in a monthly Bible Study and fellowship time with other women and friends of KCC, then this is the group for you! We currently have two meeting options:
• 2nd Tuesdays at 10 am in Classroom A in Sanctuary Building - refreshments served. Contact: Karen Head.
• 2nd Saturdays at 10 am at Karen Tillett's home (3231 Silver Falls) breakfast is served and childcare is available at the church. Contact: Charlotte Bilderback.
Our study for the new year is a 6 week DVD-based study from the engaging and adorable Margaret Feinberg called "Pursuing God's Love: Stories from the Book of Genesis" It looks fabulous and a perfect complement to the Unbinding Your Heart study the church recently engaged in.
We also have ongoing donation and activity projects that would love to have your participation:
• Ongoing: coupon collection for military families overseas (expired is ok) - leave your coupons in the 2nd drawer of the Women's Ministry Center (across from women's restroom)
• Ongoing - "First Fruits" - 1st Sunday of each month - non-perishable food items for HAAM - collection in church foyer
• Upcoming special Thanksgiving special collection for Mission NE (New Caney). We are committed to 100 boxes/packages of stuffing mix
• Upcoming special Christmas needs for Mission NE - gift cards for Walmart or Starplex theaters for their Christmas store (gifts for teenagers)
Sisters of Friendship - "A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." (Proverbs 27:9 )
The Sisters of Friendship is a meaningful group of women who come together each month for lunch and Christian fellowship. Come and join us for our next get together at J. Christopher's on Northpark. Please contact Elizabeth Smith or Carolyn King for updated event dates and times for this group. The Sisters of Friendship will continue to sponsor the collection of manufacturer's coupons to be sent to Ft. Hood and military services overseas. Please place the coupons in the second drawer of the Women's Center chest across from the Women's restroom in the Sanctuary Building.
Sisters of the Spirit
You will feel warmly welcomed in this group of thoughtful, funny and smart women. Bring your lunch and join us! For more information, please watch the KCC Upcoming Events page or contact Lindy Nelson Paryag for more information
Sisters in Stitches - A Ministry in Stitchery on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6:30pm
Our prayer shawl ministry meets in classroom B to work on various needlecraft projects together. All skill levels are welcome to help us complete shawls, caps and blankets for newborns, caps for cancer patients, lap robes for the hospitalized and blankets for the homeless. Contact Andrea Conrad for more information.
Note: New KCC Disciple Women's Groups are organized on a very regular basis. If you have an idea you would like to see become reality, please click here.